Thursday, December 24, 2009

HAPPY Christmas Eve

Today I did a little shopping. Yes, it's Christmas Eve... no, I'm not completely nuts! I thought I might be able to find some things I needed at a great sale price. No real sales for what I needed. But... I discovered this cute holiday market at Columbus Circle. It wasn't too crowded when I first stopped by... it was fun and festive (unlike the line to get into UGG!). Lots of little doggies in little doggie coats... so cute! Right in the middle of it all there was this homeless woman. Someone had just given her some shrimp. You know the kind that's arranged in a tray, all in a circle, with the sauce in the middle. It was half gone. But she had the biggest smile on her face as she wrapped it up and put it into one of her bags. God Bless whoever gave her that shrimp, and Merry Christmas to all!

Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day. ~Quoted in P.S. I Love You, compiled by H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Smile and leave a comment!