Thursday, April 1, 2010

365 Days of Smiles - Day 90

In a city as large as NYC it seems like a person would never run into someone they know. This morning on the subway these two guys spotted each other from opposite ends of the train and came together to chat. I love that! And dang if it didn't happen on the way home tonight too! :o)

The subway is a great place to people watch. The next stop this dude gets on groovin’ to his iPod. Business suit and all… he must have had some good tunes on there!

I did something this morning that I haven’t done for a while, but it always brings a smile to my face. Walking down the street, listening to Liza Minnelli singing New York, New York is a really good thing!

My eating habits have recently changed. I’m not sure why, but I think it may have something to do with hanging out with my friend Ilene a bit more than usual. She is most definitely a positive influence on my health! I am a diabetic... a self-proclaimed, poorly maintained diabetic. I know, but every so often I pretend I’m not diabetic and pretty much eat anything I want. I’ve done that the past year for the most part. I haven’t even checked my blood sugar because I was afraid of what it would be. (hangs my head in shame) I am happy to report that my new healthy eating habits, in just three short weeks, have my blood sugar back where it was when I was on medication! (and I’ve lost weight!) So… Miss Ilene, thank you for just being your healthy self!

Spring has returned to New York City and she is beautiful! I am looking forward to the weekend and the Easter Parade. The weather is supposed to be FAB-U-LOUS!

The ability to simplify means to eliminate the unnecessary so that the necessary may speak. --Hans Hofmann

No comments:

Post a Comment

Smile and leave a comment!