Wednesday, January 27, 2010

365 Days of Smiles - Day 27

It was still light out when I got home from work! Spring is just around the corner... it's staying light longer... yay! Groundhog Day is next week! It's also my first PTO day from work. I'm going to see The View with Peter! Peter knows EVERYTHING about EVERY soap opera EVER!!! He amazes me with his soapy knowledge! I can barely keep track of one show! LOL

I think ConEd has the problem fixed. Last night they had a big hole in the sidewalk and there was a pipe in there that was broken and had lots of cables coming out of it. Today, there is a new pipe in the hole and no cables in sight! Heat is def. back on... :-)

Today I set the ground work for my future at QBE. I met with some people from UMR, our health care provider, and the HR Manager at QBE. It was an informational session, and I was the only employee who showed up. Figures, everyone complains, but no one actually shows up when they schedule these things. It's like this everywhere. Anyway, I think they were all impressed with my benefits knowledge. AND with the fact that I think that our benefits are really good! They said they are going to plant me at all of the open enrollment sessions in the fall! LOL In any case, Vince def. took notice. I think most of the benefit dept. is based in WI... I def. don't want to live in WI!!!! So we'll see. But, it's always good when other departments take notice of your skills! :-)

Most smiles are started by another smile. ~Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment

Smile and leave a comment!