Saturday, January 9, 2010

365 Days of Smiles - Day 9

I had the day off of work from my part-time job. It gave me a taste of what it'll be like in a week when I'm no longer working that job. I liked it! First thing I did was go to the laundromat. I haven't had any time to do laundry with both jobs. 8am on a Saturday morning and I was the only one in there. BIG SMILE! This is a small laundromat and sometimes a person has to fight for a washer or dryer. There is a bigger one, that I used to go to when I lived closer to 145th. But today was just too cold to walk that far.

I had a $10 gift card from Old Navy that was burning a hole in my pocket. So, after I stopped at the apt. to drop off the laundry, I hopped on the subway to 125th. I really wanted to get a denim mini skirt. They only had two styles and they were ugly. So, instead I found a cool long sweater hoodie for $13.99 and some mittens that match my new coat for $1.99. Winter clearance rocks!

Next stop... the Regal E-Walk on 42nd St to see It's Complicated. Cute movie... and I earned points towards free popcorn! My Regal Rewards card came in the mail today... just in time! Happy to report that I'm not allergic to popcorn. The day I had my first allergic reaction, Christmas, I had movie popcorn... cheesecake w/pecans & rice. I've had rice a lot w/no problem. And today I had movie popcorn again w/no problem. It's gotta be the pecans! Guess I need to get that checked out!

It takes a lot of work from the face to let out a smile, but just think what good smiling can bring to the most important muscle of the body... the heart. ~Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment

Smile and leave a comment!