Thursday, February 18, 2010

365 Days of Smiles - Day 49

A few days ago I was at a pet store, getting dog food. There was an organization there with kittens that were up for adoption. I was talking to the kitties, and then I started telling one of the ladies my pet story about how I adopted a kitten over the summer. And how I'd moved here from IL about a year ago with the dogs and how they all really get along so well. And the woman responded back to me "I knew you weren't from New York, you are actually engaging in conversation with another human being".

Now, I don't really find New Yorkers to be rude... except for my boss (LOL). I really think New Yorkers get a bad rep. for being rude. There's a lot of craziness out there, but not so much rude!

I've decided that I need to stop complaining about work. I have a job, that makes me lucky. My job pays my rent & my bills, that also makes me lucky. I live in NYC, that makes me HAPPY! So my boss ignores me, and barely speaks to me. Considering all she does is gossip, that's probably a good thing!

Since you cannot do good to all, you are to pay special attention to those who, by the accidents of time, or place, or circumstances, are brought into closer connection with you. --Augustine of Hippo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Smile and leave a comment!