Friday, February 26, 2010

365 Days of Smiles - Day 57

Oops! Almost forgot to blog tonight! I just got back from The Lyceum. Valerie Harper is starring in Looped. It's about Tallulah Bankhead and the chaos that ensues when she comes to the studio to "loop" her last line in the movie Die! Die! My Darling! And so Patricia... this play is SO funny! She has some of the best one liners EVER. But there is also a touching sub-plot... it's so sweet. And SO funny... seriously I had tears rolling down my face!
Afterwards I ran around the block to the stage door and had this weird deja vu moment. Duh! Title of Show was at The Lyceum too! LOL Next time I see this show, I'm paying for a good seat. Just for the record, the balcony at The Lyceum is not a great place to see a show! Especially not the first row... the spotlights totally block anything going on down stage!
Seeing Valerie become Tallulah makes me want to search for Tallulah's other work. I want to know more about her. Valerie not only played Tallulah, she channeled her! Wow

Well folks, living in NYC certainly doesn't suck!

“And so, Patricia, as I was telling you, that deluded rector has, in literal effect, closed the church to me.” ~ Tallulah Bankhead

No comments:

Post a Comment

Smile and leave a comment!